Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Beginner's Bible

The Beginner's Bible 
Timeless Children's Stories



Book Overview:

Introduce children to the stories and characters of the Bible with this best-loved Bible storybook. With vibrant art and compelling text, more than 90 Bible stories come to life. Kids ages 6 and under will enjoy the fun illustrations of Noah helping the elephant onto the ark, Jonah praying inside the fish, and more, as they discover The Beginner's Bible just like millions of children before. The Beginner's Bible is the 2006 Retailers Choice Award winner in Children's Nonfiction.

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed reading through this Bible. We read the stories to our boys before bed, one is 9 years old and the other is 6 years old.  It held the attention of both of them although it is geared more towards the younger crowd. But it isn't too 'baby-ish' - meaning the 9 year old enjoyed it, even if it was a bit below his reading level. My six year old really enjoyed the story about Daniel and the Lions den. The facial expressions and illustrations are great for further conversation into recognizing different feelings during such events, which adds another unique element to reading through the bible. I enjoyed reading this book with my boys.

I received this book from FlyBy Promotions in exchange for an honest review, but my opinion of it is my own!


No comments: