Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Imposter DVD Review

The Imposter

I must say I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this movie when I requested it. 

It's arrival came at perfect timing, a Friday afternoon.  My husband and I had nothing to do all weekend and we were looking forward to just relaxing.  This movie, though a bit long, contained many great messages.  One thing that I really enjoyed about this movie was that it was real. One of my major gripes about movies is how unrealistic they are when dealing with struggles.  Now I know that it is like that because it is a movie, but sometimes the "happy endings" come a little too quick.  I like that this movie kept it real.  It sent the message, that just because somebody is willing to change, it doesn't mean that everybody is just going to jump up and down and go on with life as if nothing ever happened.  This movie also sends the message that sometimes it is about making the choice to change on your own, regardless of how many people try to help you change, until the choice is yours the change won't happen.  While the movie deals with drug abuse and infidelity it also deals with change and forgiveness and love.  It begs the question to anybody and everybody who watches it, "Do you believe?"

This movie reminds me of the age old adage that goes something like, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." 


I strongly encourage you to pre-order this move as it is a must see! To pre-purchase a copy of this movie please click here.

I recieved the product mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog.  Regardless, I only recommend prodcuts or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part  255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonial in Advertising."

No comments: