Sunday, April 5, 2015

How 'not enough' turned into 'more than enough'...


 
 
One of my favorite things to do is go to Thrift stores because I have always believed, "one mans trash, is another mans treasure." As much as I like to know what is going to happen and what I can expect in certain situations, there is some thrill in knowing that it will always be different when you visit a Thrift Store.  I am always drawn to the section with books - which is a bit funny to me because when I was in school I struggled with reading comprehension.  I could read the text one time or 10 times and still not comprehend what I read.  This made reading not very enjoyable, so I did not read too much.  I was a bit early to pick up Seth when I stopped by a thrift store and grabbed 1.50 in change from the car thinking that I could get three books with that...I went in and found four books that I wanted.  I was trying to decide if I wanted to go back to the car and get more change or just put one book back.  At about that time an employee walked by and said, "there is a sale on books today - 6 for $1."  I was so excited!  I could get the four books I wanted and could look for two more....as I looked up I found a book on grief that I just knew was for a new friend who had lost her husband in the last year.  I knew that book was just for her. It is as if God turned the entire situation around - I didn't have enough, but He worked it all out to be more than enough....and I'm convinced it is all because He knew somebody in my life needed to feel His love through that 'extra' book I got that day!
 
 
 

No comments: