Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Books...

"I like to be alone but I hate being lonely"

I woke up this morning feeling like I had no energy...went and helped grandma with shopping and then spent some time with an amazing person.  Picked Ivan up, delivered some postcards and name tags for my husband and then with some time to kill, but not enough to go home I decided to go to a new thrift shop I had noticed near Seth's school but never seemed to have time to go and check it out.  I was moved there for a reason, so many many books....everything from pregnancy books to dictionaries to bibles to picture books for kids.  I found a book titled "Overcoming loneliness together: A Christian Approach," it was my deal of the day at only fifty cents!  I opened the cover, as I often do when searching for books in thrift shops and I found a message.  I couldn't help but wonder if the person before me struggled with feeling lonely. Mary felt inclined to give this book to Gail in 1993 with the hope that she would 'relish this little book and share it with others.' I wonder why Mary felt inclined to give this book to Gail.  I wonder where Gail is today.  22 years ago the meaning was important and Mary, wherever she may be should feel good about the fact that indeed, Gail has passed this book on to somebody else....even if it was passed along through a thrift shop.  I can't wait to read it.

No comments: